2. Personal information we collect and how we use it
- Information you give us. You may give us information, including information that can identify you ("personal information"), when you use our Website, correspond with us, or enter into any of our competitions, promotions or surveys. Where we request information from you, we will collect the information set out in the relevant forms or pages. You may choose to provide additional information to us when you contact us or otherwise interact with us.
- If you are a regular user of our Website, you may wish to create an Account ("Account") with us. The information that you provide when setting up your Account may include your name, email address and telephone number. If you register to hold an Account with us, you will also have a unique password which enables you to access your Account.
- If you purchase any games, services, apps or other goods on our Website, we will also collect your delivery address, billing address and payment information. Please note that we will not be storing your payment information, this will be done via a third party payments company. If you subscribe to receive our newsletter, then you will provide us with your name, email address, gender and date of birth.
- The personal information that you provide to us will be used for the purposes of enabling you to use our Website and to make purchases via the Website, for administrative and troubleshooting purposes and in order to send you marketing materials (should you opt in to receiving marketing material from us). As explained in Section 2.8 below, we may also use this information for further purposes when combined with other data we collect about you.
- Information we collect automatically. When you visit our Website, we may automatically collect the following information: your IP address, log-in information, location information, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit including the URL clickstream to, through and from our Website, products you viewed or searched for, download errors, length of visits to certain pages and page interaction. We collect information automatically through the use of various technologies, including through "cookies", and this is explained further below.
- We use the information we collect automatically: (1) to administer our Website for internal operations including troubleshooting purposes; (2) to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and your devices; (3) as part of our effort to keep our Website safe and secure; (4) to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and (5) to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our Website about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. As an affiliate of Red Bull, we may receive information about you if you use any of the other services we provide on this Website, or from other Red Bull entities and affiliates. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them (including information that is publicly available).
- Where permitted by law, we may combine this information we receive from other sources, including from social media websites, with information you give to us and information we collect about you, including cookie information. We may use this information and the combined information for learning more about your preferences as our customer, for enhancing your user experience on our Website and for providing you with information, content and offerings tailored to your needs.
3. How we share and disclose your information
4. How to opt in or opt out of direct marketing
- We, and selected third parties, may use the information you give us on our Website for direct marketing purposes to provide updates; newsletters; events; or other communications that we think may interest you. Where required by law, your prior consent will be obtained before sending direct marketing. In any event, we will offer you the option to unsubscribe in every communication sent.
5. Analysis and Advertising
6. Cookies and other technologies
- For information about the specific cookies used on this Website, please refer to our Cookies Policy.
7. Links to other websites and social media
- On some pages of our Website, third parties that provide content, applications or plug-ins through our Website may track your use of content, applications and plug-ins or customize content, applications and plug-ins for you. For example, when you share an article using a social media sharing button on our Website (e.g., Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus), the social network that has created the button will record that you have done this. For more information on social media plug-ins on our Website, see our Cookies Policy.
8. Data Retention
- We will not retain your information for longer than is necessary for our business purposes or for legal requirements. However, please be advised that we may retain some information after you have closed your Account with us, for instance if doing so is necessary to meet our legal obligations, such as retaining the information for tax and accounting purposes.
9. Your Rights
- If you wish to obtain a copy of personal information that we hold about you, please contact us at the address below. Before responding to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request. We will endeavour to respond within an appropriate timeframe and, in any event, within any timescales required by law.
- If you have chosen to have an Account then you can access the personal information we hold about you via your Account to obtain a copy of it and to correct, amend, or delete information that is inaccurate. You can also close your Account at any time.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that you submit true, accurate and complete information to your Account and keep it up to date. You may also update your personal information by contacting us, using the contact details provided below. Please make sure to include your name, username and post code in your initial correspondence; this helps us protect the details and preferences on your Account from unauthorised access.
10. Information Security
- We apply appropriate security measures to protect your personal information that is under our control from unauthorised access, collection, use, disclosure, copying, modification or disposal. All information you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
- Where you have a password, which enables you to access our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password secure and confidential.